Saturday, February 26, 2011

Chocolate Milk Pudding with Vanilla Rum sauce

This is my first time to make pudding with its sauce. I used to make gelatin dessert with Swallow Globe Agar-agar Powder which hugely popular in Indonesia. It's very easy. But few hours ago, when i browsed an Alfamart, a minimart near my friend's house (where i stay over the weekend) for some snacks to nibble, I catched a sight of 'AR Pudding Susu' which has a yummy picture of chocolate pudding with whipped cream and a curled thin dark chocolate on top. I instantly grabbed the packaging and check the serving direction at the back. It seems easy to make.




Serving Direction:
1. Mix well Pudding Susu chocolate powder and 500ml of water (i don't use the measuring glass. As I want to make thick pudding, I add not much water onto the pudding powder and stir it. i add some more water when i think it's too thick while maintain the level of sweetness from the mixture. eventually i add more sugar to it, just to make sure that the pudding will taste sweet)

2. cook until it's boiled and stir frequently
3. Pour into a mould and chill it in the refrigerator
4. ready to serve

Vanilla sauce:
i don't follow the direction at the packaging to make the sauce. i browse the internet instead. i found the easiest recipe in one of the blogs out there that says:

ingredients
* 500ml sweetened condensed milk (i use Frisian Flag Gold Full Cream)
* 1 tablespoon corn flour
* 50 grams of sugar.
* 2 egg yolks, beat them with spoon (in my case, i don't have any whisk or any proper tools to beat egg yolks)
* 1 tablespoon of rum.

Preparations:
1. Melt the corn flour with some milk, set aside.
2. Mix the egg yolks with some milk, stir, set aside.
3. Cook the milk with sugar set to a low heat. When it's warm, add the corn flour mixture.
4. Immediately add the egg yolks mixture, stir constantly until it's well blended and smooth.
5. Turn off the heat, and continue to stir the sauce until it's cold, then add the rum.

The result is amazing for me. The sauce has the taste that I'm aiming for. It's sweet, thick, without the smell and obvious taste of milk nor the egg yolks, which replaced by the mild aroma and flavour from the rum. Perfect. Although next time I want a sauce that would look less yellow than this. More of, white. Meanwhile, the pudding has this 'marble' look. So I cut it into square shapes (they ended look like brownies) and drown them in vanilla sauce when I serve them. My friend adds grated chocolate (Silver Queen) and sprinkled them on top of the pudding and the sauce.

Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment